Huntzinger Management Group (Huntzinger) provides IT advisory, managed information and consulting services to the healthcare industry. We have been ranked top three in KLAS HIT Advisory Services five years in a row. Huntzinger provides healthcare organizations with the expertise and capability to advance their information technologies, resulting in improved performance.
Speare Memorial Hospital (Speare) originally opened its doors in 1899 and over the last 100 years has transformed itself into a state-of-the-art 25-bed critical access hospital in the heart of New Hampshire. Located between the scenic Lakes Region and the White Mountain National Forest, Speare stands as a resource center for health and wellness. In the late 1980s, Speare implemented Meditech Magic as its first electronic health record (EHR) software.
MEDITECH empowers healthcare organizations to expand their vision of what is possible with Expanse, the world’s most intuitive and interoperable EHR. Expanse lays the foundation for the next digital era, enabling care across settings with cloud-based systems that drive better outcomes and provide mobile, personalized solutions to improve efficiency for an overburdened workforce.
- The relationship started when Speare was looking for a partner to help provide leadership to a new information service (IS) collaborative it started with another local health system.
- Huntzinger provided Advisory Services to lead a new EHR procurement, which resulted in MaaS being selected as the new EHR
- Huntzinger provided Consulting Services to lead and staff the implementation of MaaS.
June 2021 – Present
- Speare signed a Managed Services agreement with Huntzinger to provide implementation and support services for MEDITECH’s cloud-based offering for 7 years.
- Transition the implementation team to the day-to-day support team in order to maintain collaboration, knowledge, expertise and customer relationships. These IS resources are employed and managed by Huntzinger, and they serve as Speare’s dedicated IS Department, providing support in critical operations, initiatives and projects and work with Meditech MaaS resources on day-to-day management and upgrades to MaaS EHR
- Huntzinger provides IT leadership and staff and integration management for system support and analytics. Together, these applications will not only be cost effective but house a single integrated EHR for efficiency, productivity and customer service enhancements.
Huntzinger handpicked an incredibly exceptional group of resources with specific talents, expertise and experience who all possessed a collaborative work philosophy. The ability to support the hospital’s day-to-day IS needs with the complexity of implementing a complex and fully integrated enterprise system takes planning, organization, communication, leadership and dedication. With Speare and Huntzinger’s collaboration, the plan worked, and the strategy prevailed. Speare went live on time, on target and on budget. Today the IS team is working through the standard post go live obstacles and challenges, but all systems are functional, patients are safe, and the organization is achieving its forecasted revenue projections.
Next Steps/Updates for Speare’s IS Department
- Continued leadership and support of the day-to-day IS operational tasks in conjunction with Meditech MaaS staff
- Remediation of the go live issues and change requests
- Implementation of the post go live tasks and initiatives
- Work with Meditech in the planning and execution of a system optimization projects
- Implementation of strategic projects and objectives
To learn more about Huntzinger’s Managed Information Services, click here.