2020 and 2021 Best in KLAS for HIT Advisory Services
Key Advisory Services
IT MA&A Services
Huntzinger’s Merger, Acquisitions and Affiliations (MA&A) Services recognize the importance of including IT as a formal consideration early in the MA&A process. As such, Huntzinger starts with a proven Merger, Acquisition, and Affiliation Information Technology Methodology (MAAITM), which is a standardized set of tools and processes that are customized to the unique characteristics and requirements of each specific relationship, providing an actionable playbook to define the structured process for initial due diligence and a series of phased tools that can be utilized as the particular MA&A review progresses. The outcome is a seamless, efficient, and effective IT ecosystem that maximizes the benefits of the relationship.
The MAAITM Phases Include
Our approach follows four advisory phases to develop the customized MAAITM playbook, with an optional fifth phase, Implementation, to assist the organization(s) in successfully executing the expected outcome.
- Organization Vision — MAAITM begins with defining the Organization Vision, in which key questions are answered that pertain to organizational strategic objectives for the relationship, that once defined, establishes the direction for IT and the business model that IT is expected to support.
- Due Diligence — Documentation is then reviewed and interviews with key stakeholders and subject matter experts are conducted.
- MA&A Playbook — The MAAITM playbook is then produced and customized, containing such key documents as a Cost Model/Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Technical Impact (infrastructure, interfaces, software/applications etc.), personnel on-boarding, and a detailed transition plan.
- Knowledge Transfer — In this extremely critical phase, and one frequently neglected, there is a transfer of knowledge to the organization(s) on how the MAAITM playbook will be used to perform the integration, a communication process and protocol that will facilitate consistent and ongoing communication to key stakeholders, and how to use the MAAITM playbook to manage future mergers, acquisitions or affiliations.
- Implementation (optional) — An optional fifth phase is available for Huntzinger to assist the organization(s) in executing the direction provided in the MAAITM playbook.
Huntzinger Management Group's strengths are in communication, organization, and commitment. They have a commitment to the timeline and a commitment to what they said they would accomplish. They definitely checked in and validated that what they were delivering was exactly what we were looking for.
Director – KLAS Testimonial, September 2023
The firm has been great to work with. We have a great relationship with them. They are very responsive and are definitely meeting our needs.
Manager – KLAS Testimonial, August 2023
The firm is very up-to-date with the current situation of the market. They understand the vendors in the market. The firm has knowledge of all IT systems, ERP systems, and revenue cycle systems, and the firm understands both the healthcare industry and the technology that is required to support the healthcare industry.
CIO – KLAS Testimonial, March 2023
Huntzinger Management Group has done a really great job in terms of working with us, understanding our needs, putting a temporary person in place, and then helping us to identify what will help us to get long-term roles filled. The firm did a really good job with placement in terms of their ability to strategically assess the organization and apply what they learn to hiring and putting in the right person for a role.
CEO/President – KLAS Testimonial, November 2022
Huntzinger Management Group’s willingness to bring their expertise and their process to the table and then sort of mold that to work with us in the way that we wanted to walk through it while counselling us, consulting with us, and then executing with us was all amazing. They were willing to be on-site any time we wanted them on-site while also being willing to be remote when we didn't need them on-site.