Chief Executive Officer
Leading by experience.
The HMG leadership is committed to your success.
The knowledge and expertise at HMG is illustrated by the prior accomplishments of our leadership.
Executive Vice President
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Executive Officer & President | 570.824.4721
George S. Huntzinger has focused his more than 35-year healthcare career on crafting software, outsourcing, and Information Technology solutions for both provider and payor organizations. His expertise encompasses development, deployment, and management of software and Information Technology solutions in healthcare; building and growing several management consulting services companies; and building and growing several Information Technology consulting and business process & Information Technology outsourcing organizations.
Mr. Huntzinger has served in senior management roles for multiple healthcare organizations, including a 12-year term as President of CSC Healthcare, one of the largest nationwide providers of computer software and business process outsourcing to health care organizations; a 6-year term as President and COO of Superior Consultant Holdings Corporation, a premier provider of management and technology consulting services and Information Technology outsourcing solutions to the healthcare provider sector; and most recently, as the CEO and Director of The Huntzinger Management Group.
Among his career successes are: turnaround of a public company that resulted in a 338% return to shareholders over a 5-year period; establishment of an IT strategy for a large state Medicaid program designed to provide a multi-state ASP environment; oversight of software company acquisitions; development of key strategic alliances with systems integration, hardware, operating systems, and application software business partners; and facilitation of strategic planning initiatives that established visionary strategies and business plans for technology companies servicing the healthcare industry.
Samples of projects include the following:
- Conducted multiple business assessments and business strategy engagements for software, portal, systems integration, and business process outsourcing companies
- Developed multiple business and IT transformation planning engagements
- Developed and launched many new product and service offerings for a variety of technology based companies
- Conducted divestiture due diligence audits and business performance evaluations for several healthcare IT consulting and systems integration organizations
- Conducted market assessment/feasibility study and developed business plan and financial models for the development, implementation, and operation of a $200 million business process outsourcing and system implementation/consulting company, including merger/acquisition and IPO strategy
- Conducted product redesign and market entrance strategy for internet health insurance “Portal” company
- Merged three companies (consulting, systems integration, and applications/IT & BPO outsourcing) to form a new corporate division with combined revenue in excess of $320 million and staff of over 2,000 employees
- Managed the financial turnaround of several technology based healthcare organizations
- Completed several software company acquisitions in addition to acquisitions of independent assets
- Led the development of large scale IT outsourcing and systems integration proposals valued in excess of $400 million
- As the President and COO of a public company, developed and led the financial turnaround of the organization which resulted in a 338% return to the shareholders over a 5-year period
Mr. Huntzinger’s educational credentials include a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Delaware in Marketing Management, as well as an Associate’s Degree in Business Finance from Susquehanna University, and he is certified in Computer Programming. He is a member of numerous national organizations and associations and previously sat on the boards of several healthcare and financial organizations. Mr. Huntzinger is currently is a member of the Board of Trustees for Misericordia University, a member of the Board of Directors of the Great Valley Technology Alliance, and a member of The Advisory Board of Liquid Hub.
Executive Vice President and Director | 570.824.4721
Robert S. Kitts has over 20 years of experience within the healthcare industry working with providers, payors, and technology companies to help them increase the value they can attain from utilizing appropriate technology. His expertise includes multiple engagements where he has performed comprehensive assessments of an organization’s Information Technology function, established IT Roadmaps based upon strategic business direction, negotiated and lead the procurement process of large complex relationships with software and services vendors, and developed and managed sales teams for many different healthcare suppliers.
Mr. Kitts’ experience has really been focused around the unique needs of the independent, not-for-profit, community-based healthcare organizations. He has spent the past seven years working with these types of organizations focused on realizing the value obtained from Information Technology and the business trends associated with remaining independent. He also spent many years working with the physician community in the sharing of clinical information between physician offices, hospitals, and payors.
Robert’s healthcare background in working with payors, hospitals, and physicians has provided him with the unique insight to understand what impact technology can have on each constituent within a particular healthcare system. Some samples of projects that Robert has worked with in the past:
- Developed IT roadmaps for large, university health systems and several independent, not-for-profit, community-based hospitals
- Lead the procurement and contracting process of several multimillion dollar transactions (average transaction size of $40m – $50m) for software and services-based relationships on both the buyer and seller sides
- Developed detailed IT budgets and cost analysis for numerous hospitals and technology companies
- Renegotiated several software and services contracts for many healthcare organizations, resulting in substantial savings and increased benefits to the buying entity
- Developed one of the first operating models for community health information networks and worked with the various healthcare constituents (hospitals, physicians, payors) to proactively share clinical information
- Worked extensively with payor and provider systems on HIPAA transaction sets and what the impact would be to the various constituents
Mr. Kitts serves on the board of a software company and is an active member of the Health Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, with a minor in Computer Science, from Wagner College.
Chief Operating Officer and Director | 570.824.4721
Tanya J. Freeman has over 25 years of experience within the healthcare industry. Her healthcare background includes the development, deployment, and management of Information Technology solutions in the healthcare market; development and implementation of business and Information Technology strategic plans and initiatives; development, deployment, and operational management of program management office methodologies and reporting activities; operational and financial responsibility for project management of several complex information system selections, operational and procedural redesign and implementation activities; development of key vendor relationships and alliances with application software business partners; and executive management of large healthcare organizational, multi-year relationships.
Senior Vice President – Large, Publicly Held Healthcare Outsourcing and Consulting Company; 1994–2006
- Responsible for the development of the first management consulting practice within the consulting business unit. Within the initial two years, grew the management practice to 2.8 million in revenue and employed 27 consultants.
- Responsible for the executive and account management of the company’s largest revenue-producing application multi-year outsourcing arrangement. Management of the patient registration and accounting information system implementation at seven acute care facilities. Implemented clinical information systems at two acute facilities.
- Provided leadership for outsourcing delivery activities at various healthcare organizations.
- Began the development of the Application Management and Delivery program management office within the outsourcing business unit.
- Management of key business partner relationships with IT vendors such as McKesson, Cerner, Lawson and Meditech.
- Responsible for large outsourcing IT contract negotiations and proposals resulting in five signed contracts and two renewals within a 36-month period.
- Led multiple IT assessment and planning efforts resulting in executable initiatives at multiple client sites.
Vice President and Hospital Administrator – 250 bed, Intercity Healthcare Organization; 1990–1994
Responsible for operational and financial management of Patient Registration, Emergency Room, Lab, Radiology, Medical Staff Education and Credentialing, Medical Social Service and Discharge Planning, Medical Records and Quality Assurance.
- Development and implementation of a multidisciplinary organizational and committee structure for medical staff education and credentialing
- Reduced average length of stay by 1.37 days
- Reduced account receivable days within departmental areas of responsibility from 23 days to an average of 7 days
- Completed and implemented strategic business plans and executed key initiatives for Emergency Room, Lab, Radiology, and Medical Staff Credentialing.
- Led the organizational activities associated with the system selection including completion of the RFI, RFP, vendor review, and contract negotiation for organizational wide HIS system.
Director of Medical Records and Quality Assessment – 400 bed, Integrated Healthcare System; 1984–1990
- Responsible for operational and financial management of departmental activities within two acute care facilities and two long term care organizations
- Led the implementation of the organizational wide Prospective Payment System (PPS) business process redesign; as well as the communication and training activities for the medical staff, clinicians, and key hospital departments associated with the PPS rollout.
- Successfully planned, led, and supported key activities associated with the JCAHO organizational wide accreditation efforts.
- Chairman of the Healthcare Information Services Steering Committee. Was responsible for the HIS system selection process, and implementation of the patient accounting, medical records and assurance, as well as ongoing maintenance of the system.
Manager of Medical Records – 600 bed, Intercity Healthcare Organization; 1981–1984
- Managed a department staff of over 50 FTEs
- Full responsibility for departmental operating and capital budgets
- Responsible for implementation of key departmental information systems
- Assumed responsibility for management of radiology department staff of over 30 FTEs
Ms. Freeman’s educational credentials include a Master of Science and Administration specializing in financial management from Central Michigan University, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Record Administration from Ferris State University.